EPA Hosts Webinar to Address Proper Disinfecting Protocols for Learning Environments
This original announcement was published on October 5, 2020. Click here for more!
As schools reopen, it is critically important that students and children return to clean and healthy learning environments. On Oct. 13, EPA will host a webinar dedicated to best management practices for cleaning and disinfecting schools, day cares and universities.
The webinar, Addressing Disease Mitigation in Schools, Daycare Centers and Universities with Sanitizers and Disinfectants, will provide participants with cleaning and disinfection recommendations to fight pathogens such as SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
Participants will learn:
- how educational institutions are implementing cleaning and disinfecting protocols;
- how to properly clean high-touch surfaces;
- how to interpret product labels for proper use, safety and personal protection; and
- how to use EPA web-based resources to select disinfectants approved for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
EPA will engage with stakeholders such as administrators, facility managers, custodial staff and nurses at schools, day cares and universities. This information will also be helpful to health departments and pest management professionals.
Featured speakers include:
- Janet Hurley, Extension Program Specialist at Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service;
- Brian Burden, Executive Director and Vice President at Mooring USA;
- Kenneth McPherson, Pesticide Safety and Integrated Pest Management in Schools Coordinator at EPA Region 6; and
- Kristen Willis, Ph.D., Senior Scientist at EPA’s Office of Pesticide Programs Antimicrobials Division.
Register for the webinar here: Addressing Disease Mitigation in Schools, Daycare Centers and Universities with Sanitizers and Disinfectant – Oct. 13 | 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. EDT
This webinar represents the latest in EPA’s ongoing efforts to keep Americans safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about EPA’s response here.
Read the jointly developed guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and EPA for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools and Homes.
View our infographic that demonstrates how to use disinfectants safely and effectively.
Visit List N: EPA’s list of disinfectant products expected to kill SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).