NPSEC has updated both the English & Spanish label mandated Paraquat training to include the new labeling for closed-system requirements.
Paraquat is a toxic chemical that is widely used as an herbicide (plant killer), primarily for weed and grass control.
This training meets EPA requirements for paraquat-specific training required by paraquat product labels. Applicators are required to take an EPA-approved paraquat training program every 3 years in order to mix, load, apply, or handle paraquat.
The online course reinforces how to properly and safely mix, load, apply, and handle Paraquat. Users wishing to take the online course should click the ONLINE TRAINING button below to be directed to the website USParaquatTraining.com which hosts the online course. This course is available in both English and Español.
This access is specifically for in-person trainers as someone who is facilitating or leading in-person training for paraquat as mandated by the product label. The trainer will need to first REGISTER with the “Register for In-Person Training” button below. After registration they can then LOG IN/DOWNLOAD the paraquat in-person training files required to administer the training by clicking the “Access In-Person Training Files” button. This course is available in both English and Español.
Below is a list of helpful links that can provide additional Paraquat information. Please contact us if you have a scientifically backed link you would like to share.
National Pesticide Safety Education Center
PO Box 1391
Okemos, MI 48805, USA
- EPA Proposes New Mitigation Measures for Rodenticides, Including Pilot for Protecting Endangered SpeciesNovember 30, 2022 - 10:19 am
- EPA Approves Stronger Plans for Certification of Pesticide ApplicatorsNovember 23, 2022 - 12:06 pm
- EPA Advances Early Pesticides Protections for Endangered Species, Increases Regulatory Certainty for AgricultureNovember 21, 2022 - 10:23 am
- EPA Adds Chitosan to the List of Active Ingredients Eligible for Minimum Risk Pesticide ExemptionNovember 9, 2022 - 12:51 pm
- EPA Provides Annual Notification of Updates to the Environmental Chemistry Methods Index for Monitoring Pesticide ResiduesOctober 28, 2022 - 1:56 pm