Mission & Goals
The National Pesticide Safety Education Center (NPSEC) supports and serves extension Pesticide Safety Education Programs (PSEPs) to be the premier national source of high quality research-based pesticide safety education.
- Strengthen national system of state extensions PSEPs.
- Provide tools and educational resources to state PSEPs to better meet the needs of each state’s learners while increasing state PSEPs sustainability.
- Collaborate with PSEPs and others to coordinate and promote existing and create new educational resources and learning assessment tools.
- Improve the quality, consistency, accessibility, and outcomes of pesticide safety education in the nation.
- Become a self-sustaining Center.
Who we serve:
Our primary stakeholders are the Pesticide Safety Education Programs that are based at Land Grant Universities. On the national level, Pesticide Safety Education Programs (PSEPs) promote responsible decision-making and actions to protect pesticide users, public health, plant and animal health, and the environment. They offer information, training, and resources for pesticide applicators and the general public.
The primary stakeholders of PSEPs are certified pesticide applicators. Pesticide certification requirements vary by state, but anyone that purchases or uses a restricted pesticide must be a certified pesticide applicator. Some states also require anyone in the business of applying pesticides, either restricted use or general use, to the land or property of another to be certified.
National Pesticide Safety Education Center
PO Box 1391
Okemos, MI 48805, USA
- EPA Approves Stronger Plans for Certification of Pesticide ApplicatorsNovember 23, 2022 - 12:06 pm
- EPA Advances Early Pesticides Protections for Endangered Species, Increases Regulatory Certainty for AgricultureNovember 21, 2022 - 10:23 am
- EPA Adds Chitosan to the List of Active Ingredients Eligible for Minimum Risk Pesticide ExemptionNovember 9, 2022 - 12:51 pm
- EPA Provides Annual Notification of Updates to the Environmental Chemistry Methods Index for Monitoring Pesticide ResiduesOctober 28, 2022 - 1:56 pm
- EPA Releases Draft Assessment of Effects of Inpyrfluxam on Endangered Species for Public CommentOctober 28, 2022 - 1:49 pm