Paraquat In-Person Training Registration
This accesses is specifically for in-person trainers as someone who is facilitating or leading in-person training for paraquat as mandated by the product label. The trainer will need to first 1: Register with the form below. After registration they can then 2: Log-in/download the paraquat in-person training files required to administer the training.
As someone who is facilitating or leading in-person training for Paraquat as mandated by the product label, you agree to the following:
You will maintain the integrity of the final quiz required to receive the certificate of completion by:
- distributing the quiz to only those persons who have completed the training
- not allowing the quiz to be duplicated by others outside of your control, including preventing trainees from photographing the quiz with their cell phone or taking a quiz with them at the conclusion of the training
- printing only those quizzes needed for those in the training session, including a quantity for retakes
- destroying any extra quizzes not distributed to trainees following the training
- not allowing trainees to grade their own quizzes or quizzes of other trainees – quizzes should be graded by the training provider and designated assistants who are not also taking the training
You will maintain the integrity of the certificates issued only to those trainees who have scored 100% on the quiz by:
- personally filling out the certificate of completion in it’s entirety with the required information to include the full name of the trainee, your signature as the trainer and the date and location the training and quiz was successfully completed
- printing only the number of blank certificates needed and destroying any leftover certificates following the training
- not allowing the blank certificate to be duplicated by others outside of your control, including preventing trainees from photographing a blank certificate with their cell phone or taking a blank certificate with them at the conclusion of the training
- completing the sign-in form in its entirety and promptly submitting it to NPSEC as instructed to ensure that in-person trainees are included in the national Paraquat database
Other best practices:
- check ID to verify the trainees identity
- have trainees complete the sign-in sheet prior to the start of the training with the information that is needed to maintain the national Paraquat database (the sign-in sheet can be downloaded from https://npsec.us/paraquat)
- do not allow cell phones or other electronic devices to be accessed and used during the training and quiz
By completing and dating this agreement you agree to abide by the best practices listed above and to implement any other practices you deem appropriate for the specific training session you are leading that maintain the integrity of the training, testing and issuance of certificates of completion. Signing this form does not supersede any state-specific requirements that the state regulatory agency may require of Paraquat trainers.
As part of this trainer agreement, the user agrees to not make any alterations or edits to the content of this program (Power Point file) in order to remain in compliance with EPA and basic safety training for Paraquat applicators.
By submitting this registration form you signify that you agree to the terms and conditions in the Trainer Agreement above.