This original announcement was published by the EPA on June 6, 2020. Click here for more.
On Aug. 5, 2020, EPA will virtually hold its annual Environmental Modeling Public Meeting (EMPM). The EMPM is a public forum for EPA, pesticide registrants, and other stakeholders to discuss issues related to modeling pesticide fate, transport and exposure for pesticide risk assessments in a regulatory context. This meeting offers a forum for presentations on the Drinking Water Assessment Improvements for Surface Water Exposure.
The meeting will focus on:
- New scenario development for the Pesticide in Water Calculator (PWC)
- New methodology for incorporating percent cropped area (PCA) into refined drinking water assessments
- New methodology for incorporating percent crop treated (PCT) into refined drinking water assessments
- Automation tools developed for applying new methodologies
- The drinking water assessment framework
The meeting will be held from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT. Registration is required. To attend or participate, please contact OPP_EMPM@epa.gov by July 29, 2020. Submit abstracts by July 3, 2020.
Sign up for updates and abstract requests for future Environmental Modeling Public Meetings.